Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

That Picture-Perfect Spring In Seoul

This trip was not planned by me so before I start, a special thanks to my good friend YY who gave so much effort for this trip. Cheers to her very detailed planning! I so love this girl. :)

Here's the itinerary of our trip, generously sharing to everyone. Now, say thanks to YY fellas! 

WEATHER
It was foolish of us (me and my husband) to think that we can actually stand the coldness of Seoul's spring. As soon as we step out from the airport did we know it is going to be cruel for us who only brought sport jacket against the cold. men, did we know! When I realize how serious our situation is, I felt ridiculously happy! I have some serious reason to enjoy shopping!

TRANSPORTATION

The transportation in and out of Seoul is remarkably easy. There are tons of apps that can help you with it if you ever decide on visiting.




TRAVELERS PLANET

568-47 Yeonnam-dong (54-8 Donggyo-ro 25-gil), Mapo-gu, Shinchon / Hongdae, Seoul, South Korea

This no-frills hostel is amazing! They provide breakfast and it was very clean in there. The room is complete with washing machine, internet connection, heater, aircon, sink and stove.








The staff are as amazing as the hostel itself. Not to mention pretty.


TRICK EYE MUSEUM
357-1, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
+82 2-3144-6300

How to get thereHongik University Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 9. Go straight 150m, cross the road, and turn left onto Hongik-ro Street.Go straight 120m, and turn right down to the second side street (in between TONYMOLY and Holika Holika). Continue going 100m to arrive at Trickeye Museum on the right.
The place is not easy to find if you'll ask me and I'm already considered good with directions. Luckily, the museum is near our hostel so we kinda have all the time looking around for it.
Admission fee cost us about 15,000 Won if I remember it correctly.





There's a lot more of this picture, Too much more actually. LOL

After I got convinced that we went to every corner of museum already we walk around the block and to my surprise, the street itself is a destination.




GANGNAM

For dinner, we went to Pal Ja Mak Chang. LeeSang's restaurant.









The downside is that the restaurant is not easy to find. In a big city like Seoul, I'm pretty sure "hard to find" is normal. But there's a beauty in getting lost, except when you're starving of course.  

Here's some video YY made after the trip.

Day 1: Arrival, Trick Eye Museum, Gangnam

Day 2: Gyeongbokgung Palace

Day 3: Petite France, Nami Island

Day 4: Seoul tower, Myeondong

Day 5: Everland my page for Everland -> Everland, The Land of Year-Round Festivals

Day 6: Bye Seoul!

Seoul's FOODS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment